AGNES Connect is web-based telemedicine software that enables clinicians to capture and share medical device data, exchange documents and medical images in real-time, and participate in a live video conference with remote healthcare providers.
AGNES Connect can be accessed using Google Chrome at https://connect.amdagnes.com.
The computer with the medical devices will run the AGNES Connect application in the system tray.
Each organization has a unique ID associated with it, and will be provided to your organization's administer. The Organization ID is typically the name of the organization with spaces replaced by a dash.
When you first connect, you will be asked for the Organization ID.
Bypass Organization ID
Log in Screen
When accessing AGNES Connect, the user will be presented with a login screen. The credentials will be provided by you organization's administer. If you cannot remember your password, contact your organization's administrator to receive a replacement.
AGNES Connect makes it easy for doctors to manage multiple remote sites by providing a facility overview upon login.
When a user first logs in, they are presented with a list of available groups. Click the desired group to show available sites.
To start a session, Find the desired site and click Start Session.
The Portal Status is displayed with every site next to the Start Session button.
Possible Statuses are:
- In Session
Scheduled Visits for a portal can be listed by clicking the arrow on the Scheduled Menu.
Click the arrow to reveal the scheduled visits, then click the desired appointment to load an AGNES session with the selected patient data.
For more information on Scheduled Visits, please see Appointments
Patient Info is found at the top of the screen. To enter info, click on any field.
For manual entry, enter the desired information, and then click the Edit Patient button. Any update to Patient Data will clear Documents, and stop medical devices from streaming.
Search Patient from EMR
If you have integrated with an EMR, you can query the patient using Patient ID, first name, last name, and date of birth. The search fields can also be left blank to return a list of all patients. Enter the search criteria and press the Search button. This option may not be available depending on your EMR integration.
There are a number of modules that appear on your portal. They indicate, based upon your system configuration, the currently supported devices and modules that may be available to you and how to activate them on the portal.
- Documents: Save or share documents of various types in AGNES-Connect. All snapshots will be available for display or export in the Documents pane.
- Video Conference: Video Conference module to allow real time audio and video communication between the current logged in users of AGNES Connect.
- Vitals: Oximeter, Blood Pressure, Thermometer, and Pulse readings are available through a supported vitals monitor or by manual entry. In addition to the above vitals, weight and height are available through manual entry.
- Stethoscope: Stethoscope module allows real-time audio through a supported Stethoscope unit. Filtering and Volume can be controlled by any participant.
- Medical Video: Medical Video module contains a drop-down menu to select a device to view live video in the portal. Any participant may take snapshots.
- ECG: Allows the clinician to launch the ECG application.
- Notes: Provides the ability to capture and store notes for download or export to an EMR.
- Chat: Allows connected parties to send a text-based chat message to one or more participants.
Under Patient Info, you will find the Station Name & Organization Name that are used to identify the portal.
Current User Count
At the bottom of the portal you will find the current user count for participants in the current session. This is updated whenever a user logs in or out.
Agnes allows for a set number of participants to enter a session before requiring permission from the current session participants. The number of users in a session before this is enforced is configurable, and the default is 2.
Split Tab View
Modules may be viewed side by side, as a Split Tab View. This allows you "pin" a tab to the right, and toggle through the other modules on the left. To pin a tab, press the arrow at the top right of the portal.
The majority of providers use this to pin Video Conference to the right, while cycling through the other modules on the left.
To go back to viewing one module, press the X in the top of the right module.
The Clear Session button will purge all the data from the current session and stop Medical Video devices. This includes clearing all documents from Documents and the current Patient Info. The session will also be cleared when changes are made to Patient Info.
Leave Session leaves the current AGNES-Connect session. If there are no other participants in the session, the system will purge all data. You will be taken to a screen where you can return to the session, or go back to home.